LAVA: Forums

Full Version: PCI Parallel EEP Driver for W7
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Some time ago I purchased a Lava parallel PCI port card. I'm finally installing the port in an HP window 7 home premium 64 bit computer. My goal is to be able to use an older (legacy) 24 pin dot matrix wide carriage printer with this computer, but I can find no driver with the cd that came with it or on your website. I see adds for some from 3rd party venders, but there is much caution for them about malware etc. 

Do you have a driver for this item that will work with windows 7 64 bit. 
The drivers for all of our cards are located on our website and can be downloaded from the link below:

Lava_2014_07_15.zip

Let me know if you're having any issues with the installation of the card and I will do my best to assist.

- Lava Support
Thank you for your reply, but I still don't find the driver for your Parallel-PCI  card. I downloaded the zip and see in the read-me that it says that Parallel PCI is supported for Win 7 64 bit, but I don't see a driver that says that or a set-up utility for the same. 

I'll admit I have very limited computer skills, but I thought there might be a " click here to set up the driver " and a driver clearly labled for the PCI running  win 7 ,    NOT the PCI-E. 
Our card need to be detected by Windows device manager in order to be installed in the system, therefore there is no need for a "setup utility".

Is the device currently listed in the Device Manager under "Ports (COM & LPT)"? Or do you have entries in the Device Manager with a yellow exclamation point?

- LAVA Support
In the devise Mgr under Devises it's listed as PCI Parallel Port and has a yellow !

When I click on that I get " PCI Bus 1 Devise 10  fuction 0 "

DRIVER STATUS :
" Drivers for this devise are not selected for this devise,  to find driver click update driver "

That sounds encouraging, but how will I know which driver to select? When I have the drivers downloaded will it automatically know which to use? 
By pointing the device manager to the root of the extracted drivers folder Windows will be able to match the correct driver to your card. Windows will only install a driver that has made a positive match, so you won't need to worry about that.

- LAVA Support