LAVA: Forums

Full Version: Octopus 550 PCI installing drivers
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Trying to get Octopus550 to work. It is in slot and octopus cable connected. 

Windows device manager sees that PCI card is there but when trying to load drivers I get error saying, "Windows found driver software but encountered an error while attempting to install it. Lava Octopus PCI ports 1-4, A service installation section in this INF file is invalid.

Please help, I am on a short deadline to get this working.
Would you be able to find the Device ID and Vendor ID of your card within the Device Manager?

1. Within Device Manager right click on the card (it will likely have a Yellow Exclamation point) and select Properties.
2. On the Properties Page, select the Details tab.
3. On the Details tab there will be a Drop Down List Box. Please select Device Instance ID from the list box and let me know the string that is displayed in the text box.

It will be something along the lines of:

PCI\VEN_1407&DEV_0180&SUBSYS_01801407&REV_03\.....
PCI\VEN_1407&DEV_0181&SUBSYS_01811407&REV_03\.....
They are both labeled PCI Serial Port(one for ports 1-4, the other for ports 5-8).

These are under "other devices" and not under "ports". Under properties, driver provider is unknown and date, version are not available. No information about device or driver. Device Instance Path is:

PCI\\VEN_1407&DEV_01801407&REV_03\4&3E98375&0&60F0
Are you certain that is the exact string? ..... I would expect to see a subsys section in the string.

- Lava Support
Never mind. Software guru budy from Canada fixed it for me.

I think the file got corrupted when I downloaded it, after I downloaded the driver again it was fine.